Would you like to help cut your customers’ water heating bills in half? The new Rheem hybrid water heater, with heat pump technology, is more than TWICE as efficient as the standard electric model. Water heating is the second largest user of electricity in most homes, so more efficiency means more cash in your customers’ pockets.
On the average, Rheem’s hybrid water heater will save almost $300 each year on an electric bill. The XR90 features a sleek new design and touchpad control. Because of its narrow diameter, it’s an easy drop-in replacement in attics, garages and furnace rooms. Contact our nearest plumbing location today to learn more.
To celebrate Earth Day 2011, Professor Toilet, American Standard’s online Flushologist, videotaped an interview with Brian Richter, Director of the Global Freshwater Program at the Nature Conservancy, a leading conservation organization. American Standard divided the interview into five clips and posted them for easy access.
In the first two clips, Brian talks about the urgency of water conservation, and the challenges we face as the population increases while ground water levels decrease.
In the next three clips, Brian and the Professor discuss national rates of water usage, and suggest how to save water without sacrificing performance or style.
And when it comes to replacing toilets, faucets and showerheads, they both agree that the most modern, water-saving products are easy to install. So, no excuses!
Learn more here.
1. Ergonomics. Simply put, if you’re not comfortable and properly positioned in a bath, those hydrotherapy jets are not going to do you any good. If you’re very tall, make sure the bath is long enough for your complete comfort. If you’re petite, an ergonomic footrest can help you adjust to ideal therapeutic positioning.
2. Control. All hydrotherapy baths will have some sort of control panel – many will offer remotes. Look for controls that are simple, clear and understandable. Pre-programmed jet sequences can also make the entire experience as carefree as possible. While each Aquatic series is different, all of their hydrotherapy control panels are designed for the optimal user experience and maximum control.
3. Engineering. Beautiful as they may be, a hydrotherapy bath is also a feat of engineering. Look for signs of high quality such as rigid heat-bent PVC piping, which ensures a proper drain angle for optimal hygiene. Self-draining jets are another quality marker, along with a run-dry safe pump, which protects against damage in case you accidentally turn on the jets in an empty bath. These features are standard on all Aquatic baths.
4. Warranty. Look for the strongest warranties you can get for structural integrity, the interior surface and all support equipment. At Aquatic, we stand behind our products with the industry’s best limited lifetime warranty.
For more hydrotherapy tips, check out Aquatic’s website.
American Standard turns bath time into playtime for small children, thanks to the innovative FunBath temporary tub conversion kit. With its 37-inch height, there’s no more stooping when bathing little ones – that’s fun time for parents!
Designed for kids up to age five, the award winning FunBath fits over most standard 60-inch bathtubs to make bathing children safer and easier. Its apron front allows parents to decorate the FunBath with removable wall decals from RoomMates, featuring popular children’s characters, or selecting charming Princess Castle or Fire Truck design.
The acrylic FunBath includes an integrated seat, hand shower and grab bar, and ties into exisiting plumbing with little effort and can be easily removed when outgrown. Now that’s kid’s play!
Design inspiration is all around – if you know where to look. Go beyond your favorite remodeling magazines or websites and draw ideas from things that really speak to you:
2. Think of a destination you’ve always longed to visit. Paris? Bali? Marrakesh? Use the web to seek out imagery from those places. Maybe you can use wrought iron sconces or incorporate tropical woods and golden-orange textiles. You could even lavish the floor with a tile mosaic.
3. Shop your closet or the latest designer clothes collections. What colors do you like to wear? Are you understated elegance or bohemian chic? A favorite belt could inspire trim work. Your husband’s tweed jacket could sway you toward a terrific tile color.
5. The great outdoors can be an easy and every changing source of inspiration. From the color of fall leaves to the first blooms of spring, to various terrains and waterways, mother nature has plenty of ideas that translate to the bath perfectly.
No matter where you draw inspiration, we will be happy to help you craft the bath of your dreams. Be sure to stop in our showroom and let one of our associates turn your inspiration into reality.
For more design tips, visit Aquatic’s website.
Today, there’s a noticable attraction to simpler, less-cluttered way of urban living.
With this trend in mind, American Standard has created the Studio Faucet Collection with clean lines, straight-ahead functionality, and rock-solid performance, perfectly reflecting the contemporary, no-fuss lifestyle.
The comprehensive new collection comprises single-control and two-handle widespread sink faucets, a deck mount tub filler and a bath/shower faucet.
The collection’s great looks are matched by such superior benefits as lifetime drip-free operation, high-quality construction for extra durability and water saving performance that meets strict WaterSense® certification standards.
These faucets reduce water consumption as surely as they reduce clutter – which is simply modern.
Read more about the Studio Faucet Collection by American Standard.
WaterSense® is a registered trade mark of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
As the high end Loews Hotel chain knows, there is nothing luxurious about blocked or overflowing toilets. Yet overflows have been a big problem for Loews and other hotel chains since conservation-minded building codes began requiring toilets to use less water per flush.
As they report, the Champion 4 is such a powerhouse that it has reduced the number of guest calls about blockages by an astonishing 80%!
To get the same great results in your home, check out the many style options with the Champion 4 flushing platform.
Provide your customers with the best of the best this holiday season! Upgrade to WaterSense® -certified fixtures. Last fall, American Standard provided these low-flow, water efficient toilets, faucets, and showerheads to 21 households near Atlanta, Georgia.
Participating households experienced an average reduction of 27 percent in total water use, without any noticeable differences in water pressure or performance. In fact, user satisfaction was higher than 99%; not one family requested to go back to their old water guzzlers.
Studies also show if one in every 10 American homes upgraded their bathroom to WaterSense®-certified fixtures, the U.S. EPA estimates a savings of 74 billion gallons of water and about $1.5 billion nationwide per year. The proof is in the numbers, using these toilets, showerheads and faucets save your customers money. Ensure customer satisfaction, invest with HD Supply today.
Read more about this product here.