There are a lot of little things that you can do throughout your work day that will translate into big savings. Check out some quick tips below and start saving today!
During the Work Day:
- Adjust Thermostats to 72-74 degrees for occupied spaces
- Adjust Thermostats for unoccupied spaces to End of the Work Day settings
- Turn off lights in unoccupied office and warehouse spaces
- Turn off all yard lights.
End of the Work Day:
- Turn Thermostat to 80 for A/C and 60 for Heat
- Turn off ALL lights
- Turn off ALL equipment
- Turn off ALL fans…Fans are effective at cooling people – not the room.
- Turn off ALL printers and copiers (except where copier also performs as fax)
- Turn off ALL computers and monitors
- Close the curtains and drapes at night to retain the heat.
Weekends (as appropriate):
- Same as “End of the Work Day” plus…
- Turn off HVAC system.
If you follow these quick energy saving tips, you’ll be on your way to saving in no time!